Once again here we are in Rome. Tomorrow I have my last treatment and then we head home on Wednesday. We have so much to be thankful for! Other than localized pain from the surgery and a short duration of pain when I receive the sodium bicarbonate treatments each day, this trip has been free from any serious incidents. Though our luggage arrived a couple of days late, we were able to overcome the frustration of it with laughter and a short shopping spree.Upon arrival a week ago, we rented a car and headed to Milan. David loved driving on the Autostrade. While for most of the way there is no speed limit, our little Fiat maxed out at 140 kph. The BMWs and Porsches swerving around us made us feel like we were standing still!
The hospital in Milan was really great and the surgery (lumpectomy)went very well. The doctor said my lymph nodes were clear--thank you Jesus!
The day after the surgery we headed back to Rome where we have been hanging out ever since. Though this time around we are skipping the tourist track so I can rest and recuperate, we did spend an afternoon going to visit the last prison Saint Paul was held in just before being beheaded. It was a stark reminder of what so many Christians around the world have endured for the sake of the gospel.
Dr. Simoncini is a really wonderful doctor. Though I realize he has received much criticism in the comment section of this blog, I believe he has a heart of gold and has helped countless people become cancer free . . . without the side effects of chemo and radiation. Upon returning home I will continue the sodium bicarbonate infusions for a few weeks and then be retested to see if they had the desired effect--a clean bill of health.
Thank you for all of your love, prayers and support for us. We recognize God has walked with us every step on this journey and words can't adequately express our gratitude for all of you.
What great news! We will continue to pray for you as you get better.
ReplyDeleteShort shopping sprees always help me overcome frustrations. ;-D
ReplyDeletePraising God for the good news you received after the surgery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers as you continue your journey.
So glad to hear the update Beth! You are in my prayers. I am rejoicing that it is not in your lymph nodes too!
ReplyDeleteBeth,
ReplyDeleteWe were so excited to see that you were having this done and expect to hear your clean bill of health soon! Had to get another blog account (since we don't blog usually) just to tell you. Praise God for clear lymph nodes and soon to hear " cancer free". Love you all, the Buhrs
Woohoo!!! Thank you for the update. Lost luggage=shopping? Awesome!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the good prognosis!! This is IT!
Praise God your lymph nodes are clear of the cancer! Praying that God will work miracles in your body and that you will be a great testimony to all those doctors out there.
ReplyDeleteGreat news about the lymph nodes!! I pray that you are soon cancer free my friend. That is my prayer for you.
ReplyDeleteWonderful news, Beth!! I can't wait to hear a wonderful, cancer-free update soon!
ReplyDeleteI am very happy for you.
ReplyDeleteGreat news! We are continuing to pray for a complete recovery!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Such great news Beth! See all that juicing is worth it!! I find your approach interesting and motivating since I am (and have been for YEARS) battling chronic candida! Thanks too for your sweet Birthday message!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Donna
Beth,
ReplyDeleteI am an HA alum (January 2005) and have been following your blog & praying throughout your journey. Praise God for the good news!
I just read the comments on your previous entry and am flabbergasted at what some people feel necessary to say! There is a way to turn off anonymous commenting, if you wish to do so.
I applaud you for not following the traditional "pick your poison" route put forth by so many physicians in the U.S.-a route that has no guarantee of success but every guarantee of rendering the patient unable to do what they love. If oncologists themselves would not do it, it should tell us something!
I admire your determination to beat this thing and stand in faith for your healing.
God bless!
Bethany
Wow - I missed so much while I was tour guide on the East Coast - I tihnk I kept up better with you whilst in KENYA! :)
ReplyDeletelove you and am continuing to pray.
she died
ReplyDeleteShe was murdered: here is the truth https://www.medbunker.it/2009/04/simoncini-quanti-successi.html
ReplyDelete