Though this news was somewhat disappointing, we are very thankful the tumor is not progressing. In looking at the bigger picture, I have so much to be thankful for. Physically I feel great. So many with cancer endure a great deal of pain and sickness. I have neither. I have both energy and strength. As far as the restrictive eating plan I’m on, I truly feel the grace of the Lord in this. I know so many people are praying for me . . . and I believe that is why I’m able to do it. I know I’m getting healthier every single day.
I realize some find it hard to understand why I’m not just following the current traditional medical treatment of chemotherapy, surgery and radiation. To put it in a very small nutshell, these approaches cannot deal with cancer without destroying our immune systems. Many times people with cancer do not die from the cancer . . . but rather from the treatment. In addition, the medical world only views the tumor as being the problem. In actuality, it is a bigger problem that caused the tumor. Simply cutting out the tumor does not make the problem to go away. So often we hear of people who were treated for cancer and then were labeled “cancer free.” But then two years later are told the cancer came back. People in the health world would say the cancer never left their body. With all the health stuff I have been doing for eight months, I believe my body has been turned around from unhealthy to healthy. Now I’m doing everything I can to get my immune system working at it’s highest possible capacity so that my body can do what God designed it to do: Heal itself.
Do I like this journey I’m on? Certainly not! I so hope none of you ever have to walk it. But are there joys along the way? Absolutely! They are too numerous to count. There are blessings I could have never received any other way.
Thank you again for all of your prayers, love, and support. By God’s grace I continue on.
Dear Beth,
ReplyDeleteI've been reading your blog and first of all I would like to say that I wish you the very best on your journey to health.
In your last post, you say this:
"So often we hear of people who were treated for cancer and then were labeled “cancer free.” "
I don't think many oncologists would say this, as every oncologist knows cancer may return, or better said, it was never gone in the first place. Why do you think we have a 10-year period of regular checkups for cancer patients? But the sooner you start treatment, the less likely it is that your cancer is coming back. Time is of the essence when it comes to cancer.
You say that cancer is not the cause but just a symptom. I don't know who told you this, but trust me, if you don't get rid of your cancer asap, you will never get to adressing the 'underlying cause'. You could compare it to a house on fire. The underlying cause might be that the house was insufficiently fireproof. But no one in his right mind would try to stop a fire by installing fireproof material. You call the fire department and have them destroy the fire, making sure that there are no smouldering spots left that may start to flare up again. Of course the house is damaged, both by the fire and the water. But then you start rebuilding and you take precautions you didn't take before, thus diminishing the chances of another fire braking out.
Chemo does not completely destroy your immune system as you say, it could if you had leukemia, but you have breast cancer. Chemo does however significantly weaken your immune system, but you'd be surprised to see how fast your it regenerates.
I had chemotherapy myself last year (and a mastectomy). The first week after my chemo I was always feeling worst and after the last round, I could hardly stand on my legs for a week. But just a week later, I could already walk for nearly an hour.
I never even had a cold during my chemo. It's been nearly a year now since my last chemo and I haven't had cold during the whole year, I haven't had the flu and I'm feeling just fine again.
You can ask your oncologist to explain to you why exactly you need chemo and how it would enhance your prognosis. You can then make a decision. Sometimes chemo is not even necessary. But please bear in mind that standard therapy offers the best chances of surviving your cancer. In fact, no alternative therapy is known to be able to cure cancer, no matter what the testimonials say.
Perhaps you can draw some comfort from the thought of the many women who have gone through this and are going through it now; they all thought they couldn't do it, but they could and they did. It isn't easy, by no means, but it isn't the end of the world either and it can make us stronger, wiser and, most importantly, alive.
My hubby's cousin (she's 42) is undergoing traditional treatment methods for cancer. I must refer her to your blog; you are such an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteStill praying for you, Beth.
Beth,
ReplyDeleteMy dear friend. I understand in part your journey. I am praying for God's leading and guiding. I know He will direct your paths.
I am always looking for the positive and I know what a big positive it is for the tumor not to grow!
Know that God brings you to my mind quite often and I have you on my prayer list as well.
Blessings and prayers!
We will be praying for you to have an outpouring of wisdom in the decisions you face!
ReplyDeleteNo surprise that many don't understand the alternative path you are taking, it's completely unconventional. No matter what treatment path you ultimately decide, it was a well-informed decision to support the body by strengthening its God-given health systems. No matter what you choose to do moving forward, you now have your overall health on your side, and there are no regrets in that.
(As my mother-in-law would say-) the road to health is long and progress comes slow. Some days are good and some days are bad, some things take weeks, some things take years. Keep standing your ground!
Also, my pastor is preaching a very encouraging message on trials. He is out in CA receiving treatments right now for prostate cancer. This week we had a guest speaker, but the series will continue next Sunday. The messages are so encouraging and full of truth! (The next one will be posted at www.harvestbiblechapel.org).
May you be encouraged Beth that many are supporting you in your decision and believing that through your journey you will receive complete and total restoration! We are praying for you- wisdom, favor, grace, healing,joy,and an abundance of those around you that will up gird you and your family AND your decisions!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your update with us Beth. You are still in my prayers daily and we'll be praying for wisdom on the best treatment for you. Love to you!
ReplyDeleteI have been praying for you. And I truly hear what you are saying about cancer. I have friends who have gone the traditional route, and their bodies couldn't handle the immune system destruction. And then some people ARE labeled cancer free, just like you said. But then there's the whole our body as a host, thing,
ReplyDeletePraying for wisdom, direction, healing and peace. Overwhelming peace that you can't get out of even if you wanted to.
Love you!
wisdom, guidance and peace...exactly what i will pray for.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing the update, Beth!
ReplyDeleteGod gave us everything we need to live this thing called life... sad that we have strayed so much from it and haven't put in the time to find all that He created for us to heal what ails us. That's what I believe anyway.
Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Wisdom and blessings on you guys as you make these decisions.
Everything you've said makes complete sense to me. The Holy Spirit actually spoke the same things to me in the middle of the night as I was praying for my very sick child. I was pleading with God for a miracle - to take away the fever, and all of the nasty symptoms they were experiencing. Of course, I'm asking for an instant miracle. Do it right now, Lord!!
ReplyDeleteBut he spoke to me so clearly and told me that our body is the miracle - it was created to HEAL ITSELF. I had been pleading for an instant miracle, but God used that time to allow me to step back and watch the miracle happen as my baby's body fought the sickness and eventually recovered.
I know that God has got your back in this fight Beth. He will guide you and Dave in your decisions and provide for all of your needs.
You've got a remnant praying for you out here in Virginia!!!
Much love,
Christina
Believing God will direct your path as you seek him. He is faithful!
ReplyDelete(I just wrote a note to Lisa the other day and among other things I asked how you were. I'm so glad you updated. I had lost this address, but Alicia reminded me of this new site.)
Dear Beth,
ReplyDeleteYou are in our constant prayers and we just love you so much and pray for God's total healing. Thanks so much for sharing your heart on here. Let's get together soon.
Hi Beth,
ReplyDeleteYou have been on my mind all day and in my prayers. I am blessed by your blog and committment to nutrition....even if you end up doing something else as well you have done so much to help your body fight. I am a true believer in this approach as well. I was wondering....does your nutritionist in Colorado only do cancer or other things as well? I really need someone's expertise in my own fight for health. I was wondering if you could give me his name? And I exercised today, just for you! (well, really for me I guess but I HEARD you in your blog). Hugs and love to you all...and what cute red-haired little kids!,
Donna Randall