When I was first diagnosed with cancer back in May, my parents saw an Italian oncologist named Tullio Simoncini on television who has been treating cancer with baking soda. It was so interesting and insightful, they hit record on their vcr (possibly the only family in America that still has one) and even made a tape of it for me.
I started seeing Dr. Simoncini all over the internet and watched him several times on Doug Kaufmann’s show, “Know the Cause.” I talked to Mike (the nutritionist I’m working with in Colorado) about the possibility of seeking treatment from Dr. Simoncini. Mike said it would be incredible . . . but highly unlikely as he has now hit the “World Market” and is undoubtedly being pursued by the masses.
A couple of weeks ago my friend and neighbor, Antoniette, sent me an email saying she had talked with Doug Kaufman (a personal friend of hers) about me. He very kindly said he would be glad to help me any way he could. I sent him an email of the ups and downs in this journey toward health I’m on and, among other things, asked him about Dr. Simoncini. He gave me both an email address and phone number. I told another friend and neighbor of mine, Charlotte—fluent in Italian, about him and she invited me to come over. We called the number in Rome on her skype thinking we would get a receptionist. No—it was Dr. Simoncini himself! I talked with him about the actual medical reports from my oncologist and he graciously agreed to treat me. So, David and I are now planning a trip to Rome!
I know Rome sounds rather exotic . . . but in actuality the treatment I’ll be receiving there is quite inexpensive. (You might recall baking soda costs about 50¢ a box!) In addition, David has accumulated miles with American Airlines for two tickets to Rome! God has always been our provider, and now as we are being flooded with medical bills, costly supplements and expensive organic produce, His provision (through many of you) continues to overwhelm us. His hand has been so evident every step of the way.
In the next week or so we have to take care of a few logistical details like renewing my expired passport (wow, wish I would have thought of that before yesterday), setting up childcare for the kids while we’re gone, and packing for my FIRST trip to Europe! (well, unless you count a missions trip to Albania with Teen Mania including a medical emergency to Greece).
If you would like to watch an interview between Doug Kaufmann and Dr. Simoncini, click here.
Today I’m off to get passport photos and I’m planning on calling Houston to set up an appointment to pay buku bucks for the immediate passport renewal option.
Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support for us. We feel so overwhelmingly loved and cared for by all of you.
How exciting! I remember you in Albania and that emergency trip to Greece... long time ago. I will pray that you will get your passport soon, and that things will fall into place with childcare. If I lived closer I would offer to watch them for you :)
ReplyDeleteI will keep praying. Thanks for the updates!
Whoo hoo!! I'm so happy to hear this news. We love you and are continuing to think and pray for you.
ReplyDeletelove,
beth (mcninch) Hamstra
Amen and amen. I am so thankful to know you Beth. You are a joy to my life and are constantly in my prayers. I love to see how the Lord is continuing to MOVE in your life. He is good.
ReplyDeleteWith Love,
Meghan
PRAISE THE LORD! how awesome is that?!? Beth - my husband and i just spent 2 weeks in Rome. we have a good friend there that is Italian/American. He owns a tour-guid business actually. He is a man of many connections. let me know if you need another connection or anything!
ReplyDelete-Melissa 'Palmer' Hinnant
Sounds dumb but I got goose bumps reading this (& it is not cold here at all)!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you-the Lord is ordering your steps!!!
Also wish I was closer to be more of a help to you.
YOu are in my (and my families...my son prayed the most precious prayer for "Mommies friend Beth" today) thoughts and prayers! We love you!
Oh yeah...and Albania does not count (I was there so can say that with confidence)!
ReplyDeleteOh my word, Beth! That is so inspiring to read. God does, indeed, provide.
ReplyDeleteSafe journeys to you both, and praying that you take comfort in knowing that the Holy Spirit will guide your little ones while you're gone.
Wow, how wonderfully the Lord works things together! All of those connections. Praying for the best.
ReplyDeleteWow! Beth that is so encouraging! We are excited for your favor with the God AND with man. We will continue to pray for you...and go ahead...take a few moments to enjoy Rome. You both deserve it. And, from experience, it is worth it! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteWow! Incredible how God works things out and takes care of us!
ReplyDeleteJill W.
This is awesome! I can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDeletethat is great! Praise God!
ReplyDeletePraise God! He is sooo taking care of you!
ReplyDeleteLove - Heidi G.
Beth,
ReplyDeleteJust blog surfing and found this....I will be praying for you. Wish I was closer and could help. Brave, precious family you are...sending love.
That is amazing Beth. God's hand is alwasy on us.
ReplyDeleteSo would that medical emergency be the one Mr Hasz always tells the story of... where he just about passes out.
This is so exciting!! I guess my little visit will have to wait until you get back!
ReplyDeletePraise God! His mercies never end!
If there is anything we can do for you, please let me know!
Wow Beth! I will pray that the Lord uses this man to bring healing to you! If nothing else, you and Dave will have an amazing time in Rome. How very cool. And I'm with Michelle and others... wish I lived close so I could help. Keep us all posted on your itinerary... Love you!!
ReplyDelete~Molly
is God amazing or what? i guess it's a lesson in never underestimating His power isn't it? i will pray for a stress free and enjoyable time away as well as a very informative one!
ReplyDeleteMy mom was also Diagnosed with breast cancer however this time it was stage 4 in May 2007. Her cancer counts were low enough for the doctor to take her off chemo in Feb 08. However, her cancer counts have started to creep back up and she is doing the organic method as well as still going to the doctors office. This is her third time dealing with this in 25 years.
ReplyDeleteShe is a fighter just like you are. With faith and tenacity you can get through anything. I pray that the trip to Rome helps in every way possible.
Regards,
Erin
That is fantastic news! Thank you Jesus for His grace.. Yes I was in Albania and it doesn't count for Europe. What a blessing!
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers
Lisa
Dear Beth,
ReplyDeleteI am just now catching up on your journey! I am sorry I am so late in learning of what all you are going through. Since hearing about it through FB, i have been praying for you a lot. Thank you for sharing this journey with others. So much has happened in the last several months for you. I love how the Lord has provided this course of healing for you. I am a firm believer in nutrition though the discipline is taxing. I am on a similar type diet for other reasons, so now when I'm tempted to cheat, I will think of you and be inspired to press on! And as far as your divine phone call! AWESOME! God is amazing and obviously is at work, in your life, but in the lives of so many others...I will continue to check in and pray for you and Dave and the kids. Love always, Adrienne Graves
Wow, I looked on the website and this is an amazing discovery. I pray all the best for you.. I have been reading a lot on yeast and cancer; Thank you for sharing your journey. I pray after surgery, I can learn more to keep my cancer away!
ReplyDeleteHi, Beth. I had no idea you were going through this. I just saw something about it on facebook and clicked on your blog to read. I am a friend of the Arnold's and have been on 5 TM trips, so I feel like I "know" you. I will definitely be praying for you and that this treatment goes well. God's hand is upon your life and He will do whatever it takes for his kids. I am a missionary/teacher in Honduras now, so know that 23 little Honduran 3rd graders will be praying for you each morning. :)
ReplyDeleteI had to chuckle when I saw the part in your blog about the medical emergency trip to Greece...I was Evelyn's roommate in college..and have heard about that adventure!
God Bless You and may your healing come quickly.
Love,
Kellee Yacoub
Beth I cannot get any of the videos to play on his site. Do you know of another place to watch them or of anything inparticular I need to do to get them to play?
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure where you're at since you haven't updated too recently...but we've been praying for you and I've been telling lots of people about this amazing baking soda treatment!
ReplyDeleteYou've probably already looked into it and/or are already receiving it, but our family has recently begun treatments with a local chiropractor. They are an awesome husband and wife team, Christians, and totally committed to helping people become healthier. If you haven't already, I really encourage you to look into it - Hobson Chiropractic. When I was at their informational meeting we learned about how chiropractic care helps align the spine/central nervous system, and therefore makes your body work better and boosts the immune system among many other benefits, and I immediately thought of you. Their main office is in Tyler, but they have a small office set up in Lindale, also. Please let me know if you'd like more information!
~Molly Oberheide
www.xanga.com/mulmol
Beth,
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to post a quick note on here and let you know you've been in my prayers. I've been so encouraged by the faith you and Dave have had as you walk through this very hard season of life. I myself have had some health difficulties, but when I think of you guys, I see that this, albeit intense sinus infection, that's been hittig me continuously isn't that huge of a deal. The Lord's getting me through and He's teaching me so many things along the way.
May God bless you as you continue to follow the Lord on this journey to health! Praise His Name for what He's done so far!
Blessings,
Beth K.
beth.king@teenmania.org
Hey Beth, I just read about your story and am so glad that things are going better. We live in Naples, only a few hours south of Rome...not sure when you are planning on being here, but our home is open to you guys if you want to get further south for a few days! Unfortunately, we will be in the States Nov 20-Dec 5th, so we may have missed you already, but i wanted to put the offer out there. Many more blessings to you and your family. (from Bonnie Eckert Hershey)
ReplyDeleteHi Beth! This is very exciting. We heard at church yesterday from a Teen Mania student that you all are in Rome now. I had to get on your site to find out details. I know that we just had your kids a couple weeks ago but did not have much time to chat. Wow, a lot has happened since then. We continue praying -this sounds God ordained. Love you all - let us know what we can do.
ReplyDeleteHi Beth!!! I'm sure you are too busy right now to be checking this but I am praying for you girl. You have truly inspired me to always keep my chin up and trust in God no matter what my battles are. Good luck to you and I can't wait to hear a praise report!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Beth!
ReplyDeleteI am HA alumni. I am so thankful to see that you were able to go to Rome to see Dr. Simoncini. When Dave told us this story at Alumni weekend, we were beyond astounded. God is so good! We are praying for you and your family. This is an amazing gift of God!
WOW!!!! Love you so much! You may be there right now, I guess. I have been thinking and praying for you and will continue to do so.
ReplyDeleteI just found out about your diagnosis a couple weeks ago. I have every confidence that you will survive and become a great voice in the community of survivors!
ReplyDeleteMy mother-in-law is familiar with the Dr. Simoncello - she was telling me about him yesterday. When I told her that I know someone who is going to see him, she got all excited for you.
I also wanted to give you an encouragement - my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer years ago. She was 30 years old and the tumor was the size of a tennis ball, up against her chest wall. The doctor literally turned white as a sheet when he told her. This experience actually brought her to the Lord and although she did chemo and radiation, she did a lot herbal remedies (along with radically changing her diet). The herbal remedies actually did more for her than the chemo and radiation. In the end, she only had to have a lumpectomy and she has been cancer free for over 10 years.
I was in Rome briefly last year. It is SO beautiful and romantic! I want to take my husband there!!